The ghastly death of Radus is a platformer in which you are a mentally ill person. You suffer of serious paranoia and hallucinations so much that you are closed to your world. In this illusionary universe you will have to face many events before the delicate hand of death takes you away from this living nightmare, but not so simply. Everything around will try to fool you while it falls apart and looses all sense and logic.

vendredi 4 novembre 2011

Levels, enemies and events

The levels, or the chapters should I say, will follow the 12 "stages" of the Hero in Joseph Campbell's "The Hero With a Thousand Faces". As there are only twelve parts in the game I think it is better to avoid repetition, and it's not a game of challenge so unique details and visible "sotry" seduces me more. This induces me to create and invent more elements and thus more work! But I'm getting used to this workflow so it souldn't be a big deal.
So the 12 chapters are listed on the link above (this is Campbell's titles; TGDOR won't use the same). We will try to reverse the heroic adventure to fit more with the hero's death (being his "objective", his release). The first one will be the intro. No interaction at all, just to understand what's going on.

Let's move on to the enemies. Following my above rule, the player souldn't be able to meet too many times the same enemy. Ah, and Radus is not able to fight. So the player will have to find a way to do not die. For the moment I have about 6 or 7 enemies in mind. I shoud draw them properly and maybe animate a few of them tomorrow. Follow the blog to have more details tomorrow!

Ah events! Under this goes two categories: unique events that immerges the player into this strange world AND platformer events, like jumping and other dexterity demanding things. This last categorie is the most hard: I try to avoid linear and basic platforming but the game shoud still be a game, so I must ipmlement these things. I have not really thought about that for the moment.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire